Monday, August 11, 2008

Yep, I did it.

Okay, taking a break from my normal style blog and sharing a little bit of me. I've been contemplating, or maybe procrastinating, competing in a triathlon for a while. There was a short (and I do mean short) distance race this weekend here in Chattanooga so I decided it was time to give it a shot. I've never been a strong swimmer so I was very nervous about my chances at doing well in triathlons. Since this race's swim was only 1/4 mile I decided to test the waters (pun intended). It wasn't all just me though. Jessica and her parents competed as well. We all finished which was our goal. Here are a few pictures from the race.



Also exciting my parents came down from Clarksville to show their support. They've traveled all various places from Miami, Florida to Stillwater, Oklahoma watching me wrestle so I trip to Chattanooga for my first triathlon was a definite. However, I think a chance to spend the day with Reed also had something to do with it. We are currently in the process of purchasing a new home so it was a great chance to show it off to them as well. After that it was up to the lake for an afternoon of watching Reed enjoy the water. Jessica swam with him as Gramma, Grumpy, Granna, Papa T and Auntie K all enjoyed the entertainment. Here are some photos of that too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is big news Mike! Congratulations on your finish. Do I smell an Ironman in your future??

Corneice said...

I had no doubt you would do well, because you've always accomplished what you set out to do. From baseball to football to wrestling, and making the soccer varsity team in high school when you had never played soccer in your life! But, I still get nervous watching. Some day you will understand.

-brittany- said...

That is awesome Michael. Congrats to you!

Whit and Lindsay said...

Way to go!!!
Can't wait to see you guys in October!

Jimmy said...

Congrats! That's awesome man! I'm glad you had fun.