Sunday, July 6, 2008

What is to come?

You may be wondering why I have chosen to write a blog entitled "Michael's Part." What do I mean by that and where do I plan on going with it? Well, I would like to say you have to check back and see and that way you don't turn running for the hills and you will come back from curiosity. However, let's go ahead and test the enevitable.

I was listening to a talk radio show a few weeks ago and the host said something that hit home. In response to the host saying we should not only look to our government for answers but look to ourselves for answers as well, a caller asked, "How can I help fix the oil crisis? I'm only one person." He responded by saying you can only do your part. Expanding he said that if every one bought into the "I'm only one person" theory we as a nation would not accomplish much. However, if everyone bought into the theory of "I can do as much as I can do" then we would accomplish a lot. Our country was established on the theory that everyone has the right to pursue happiness. Unfortunately somewhere along the way we have come to an attitude that it is not us that should pursue happiness but our government that should pursue happiness for us. He then went on to explain conservation of energy on a single household basis. That is irrelevant here, (perhaps a separate blog post later) but it was the first part that inspired me to blog.

In upcoming blogs I will be doing my part to spread awareness of current events and how they effect our daily lives. Political posts will be bipartisan in nature and related only to facts. Not further publizing the twists our candidate's campaign committees and the partisan media outlets publish, rather providing information on what is really at hand. Things such as how the Wyden bill ultimately develops an individual based health care insurance versus employer based,

Religious posts will all be based on the Great Commission (see Matthew 28: 16 -20). Hopefully writing about how God works in my life will inspire you to search for how God is working in yours. These won't be stories of how you should interact in society but how God has interacted. In not so many words it is a "lead by example" approach.

Finally, our pusuit of happiness would not be complete without family. The majority of my posts will be around my day to day events with my family and hobbies. Without relaxing family time and hobbies, stress can become a major obstacle to happiness. In an effort to keep a lighter side to the blog these posts should not only provide inspiration but humor as well.

I hope you check back often and find my blog interesting. After all, my goal is to do my part and I have to reach at least one person for that to be accomplished.

3 comments:

Whit and Lindsay said...

Very cool, Michael!!!
I love it and as something of a newshound myself, I will be checking often and commenting a lot!

I look forward to reading!!!

--Lindsay

-brittany- said...

You have my complete curiosity and can't wait to hear more!

Jimmy said...

Now I feel guilty for NOT having a blog like this! Awesome IDEA!!!!!